More and more players are testing the Exclusive Preview of Forge of Empires, and we are very enthused about it, especially about the great and very thorough feedback we get in the game’s forum. For all those still waiting for a key: don’t worry, there will still be a Closed Beta for the game.
Why even split these two periods, you say? Just call it Closed Beta now and open the game up for more players? Well, for us, it doesn’t work that way. Our developers have a very clear vision about the playability and the features they wish to be in the official 1.0 version of the game, same goes for the Alpha and Beta Versions. The Exclusive Preview is a great way for us to collect initial feedback about the game. Still, we wouldn’t have started it, if we hadn’t thought that it would be at least playable in technical as well as in gameplay terms – that means, it is fun to play, and already projects a feeling of how the finished game will feel.
Both of those things we think we are able to provide with this pre-beta build. But there is still a lot more to come: Let us give you a quick outlook of the features that are still waiting beyond the horizon:
• Great Buildings: You and your friends will be able to create some of the most legendary buildings in history together. Those buildings, like the Coliseum or Angkor Wat need the collaboration of a number of players and will significantly reward participants after completion.
• New Ages and Units: The game won’t stop in the High middle Age. More Ages will follow, up to present and future times. Along with it, newer and more evolved military units will become available.
• PvP-elements: Battling your neighbors will become even more satisfying, with evil action features and reward bonuses. Support options allow you to help friends in dire need.
• Research: The research tree will provide a lot more options in the future, containing a number of helpful perks.
• Trade: In order to gain access to rare items, Blueprints and other powerful objects, trade between players will be essential to success.
• Additions to the battlefield: Strategic battles will become even more exciting, with additional tactical options to turn the tides of war and return from the battlefield victorious.
You see, we have a lot of things planned for the future. And during the Exclusive Preview and the Closed Beta, you will not only be able to help us reach those goals, if you have features you would like to see realized, tell us so!